Mothers always desire the best for their babies. Following the birth of a child, mothers must prioritize self-care to be able to care for their child. Postnatal chiropractic care can assist new mothers in recuperating from the physical stress of childbirth and alleviating discomfort such as back pain, neck pain, and headaches.
Benefits of Postpartum Chiropractic Care
Following childbirth, both the mother and baby undergo numerous changes. The mother’s body undergoes hormonal changes, while the baby adjusts to life outside the womb.
Compared to traditional obstetric care, chiropractic care is a safe and effective method of providing pain relief and helping both the mother and baby adapt to the changes that occur post-childbirth. Other benefits of chiropractic care include reduced stress, improved sleep, alleviation of digestive issues, quick healing from the birthing process, increased energy, and better blood circulation.
Dr. Becca coordinates with your physicians to share your personal health information and develop a treatment plan that is optimal for you and your baby.
Postnatal chiropractic care is crucial as it can aid new mothers in recuperating from the physical stress of childbirth, relieving discomfort such as back pain, neck pain, and headaches, and promoting a healthy lifestyle. Chiropractic care can assist with post-pregnancy issues such as pelvic pain, painful labor, reduced swelling, and increased mobility.
How can postpartum chiropractic care help me recover from childbirth?
Postpartum chiropractic care can serve as a highly advantageous resource for recuperating after childbirth. The body undergoes numerous changes throughout pregnancy and childbirth, and chiropractic care can aid in restoring balance and alignment to the body. Chiropractic care can help alleviate pain and discomfort in the lower back, hips, and pelvis.
How often should I see a chiropractor after giving birth?
The frequency of chiropractic appointments after childbirth is contingent on various factors, such as the delivery method, overall health, and type of chiropractic care being administered. In general, it is advisable to schedule chiropractic appointments at least once a month for the initial three months following childbirth. This facilitates proper recovery of the body and correction of any misalignments that may have arisen during the birthing process.
Facts About Postpartum Chiropractic
- Postpartum chiropractic care can help with the physical and emotional changes that occur during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Up to 80% of women experience back pain during the postpartum period.
- Chiropractic care during pregnancy can help reduce back pain, improve posture, and reduce the risk of complications during labor.
- Postpartum chiropractic care can reduce back pain by up to 50%.
- Postpartum chiropractic care can help with pelvic floor dysfunction, diastasis recti, and other postpartum musculoskeletal issues.
- Chiropractic care can help reduce stress, improve sleep, and increase energy levels.
- Chiropractic care can help improve circulation, reduce inflammation, and increase joint mobility.
- Postpartum chiropractic care can reduce pelvic pain by up to 80%.
- Chiropractic care can help reduce symptoms of postpartum depression and anxiety.
- Chiropractic care can help with breastfeeding issues, such as latching and positioning.
- Postpartum chiropractic care can reduce headaches by up to 70%.